Okay, I’m “it.” Today mom2one over at Just Enjoy Him tagged me to talk about 10 things that are weird about me (in an attempt to lighten things up??). I prefer the word “quirky,” or even “interesting” as opposed to weird, but you, the reader will have to be the judge.
- I count things. The number of steps it takes to get from my car to my desk. The number of stairs from the first floor to the second. Train cars. (There are 115 characters in those three sentences, by the way.)
- I’m an avid reader, but strangely drawn to Oprah’s book club selections. I have rarely been disappointed. To many of you that may not sound too strange, but I am one who actually bought the three book William Faulkner series (As I Lay Dying, Light in August, and The Sound and the Fury) and read all three during the dreaded “Summer of Faulkner.” Have you ever waded through those three books one after the other?!? Don’t tell Oprah, but it extended into the Fall and Early Winter of Faulkner as well…
- I have a freakish need to finish a book once I start it, even if I’m in over my head (see Quirk #2).
- I used to cry when I walked anywhere near a baby/toy department, so sad that I didn’t have a little one of my own. Now I seriously get choked up anywhere near a baby/toy department, because I’m so happy that I can be there without having to be sad. Read that again. I’m sure it makes sense…
- If there’s a TV marathon on, I’ll totally watch it. and watch it. and watch it. I have seen every episode of All in the Family, Soap, Mary Tyler Moore, and WKRP in Cincinnatti. To name just a few. (All Hail, Nick at Night).
- I’d wear pajamas to work if they’d let me…need I say more?
- Despite all the OCD tendencies I’m revealing here (I know you were thinkin’ it…), I strangely have NO genetic predisposition to keeping a clean, neat, orderly house or car.
- This isn’t weird about ME, per se, but just sounded too weird at the time. When I was going thru infertility treatments, the RE said that in order for me to get pregnant, I’d have to take a month off the fertility meds and do a round of birth control pills. Huh? It was right about that time that infertility became way too surreal for me and I got off that crazy ride.
- I drink a Coke for breakfast every morning on the way to work.
- I am one of the seemingly few people in the world that doesn’t watch E.R. I know because I have been yelled at weekly for the past howevermanyyearsitsbeenon…”Whadya MEAN you don’t watch E.R.??!?”
There you have it. All my
weirdness fun qualities in ten easy steps. And 40 lines of print.